Monday, September 12, 2011

Cabos in Houghton Lake

Bill and I went shopping in Houghton Lake tonight- - a lawnmower store, Tractor Supply Co, Dunham's and Wal-Mart. Before we went into Wal-mart, we had dinner at Cabos next door. I had a chicken fajita quesadilla and it was amazing! I can't believe I ate the whole thing, but I did! Delicious cheese sauce and plenty of fresh,colorful veggies, oink oink!

Now to comment on accessability:  The restaurant is in a strip mall so it is all level with the sidewalk. There is no flat spot near the entrance, however, making it a little awkward for a wheelchair or rolling walker.  Standard glass door,but the tables are widely spaced. Restroom accessibility is as good as I've ever seen or used, but the dirty diaper smell is a little off-putting. Also when I was there, they had no toilet paper in the handicap stall, yikes! I hope this is not a common theme with them.

I forgot today was Monday, so I suppose we were lucky to find anyone open tonight. There were only two other occupied tables when we were seated, we spent about 15 minutes being the only customers, and three ladies came in just as we were leaving. Like most tourist towns in Michigan, Houghton Lake is a ghost town a week after Labor Day. Maybe it will wake up a little once the colors start to turn, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment